I'm still here.

I've had a few people asking where I've been lately... I'm sorry about that!  I've been trying to fix a few issues with myself, which is easier to do behind the scenes.

Most of it has been health related.  I've been focusing on trying to get back into a regimen that I had early last year: wake up, pack a healthy breakfast.... drink more water, take the vitamins that I know make a difference but for some reason still forget to take...

I'm also like a cat when it comes to changes.  Big or little.  Since I dyed my hair almost two weeks ago, I'm all on edge and skittish.

On top of that, everything I eat plays a role in how I feel (and think) about things.  Refined sugars and caffeine are an absolute no-no.  Taking too long between meals has this effect as well... sometimes sleeping in doesn't work out too well, especially after drinking.

Cabin fever.  That's a big one.  I need time outdoors.  If I had the ability to enjoy comfortable weather outside for a few hours a day every day, all year round, I think 99% of this would be resolved... but in Michigan, that's not really possible.

But really, let's be honest here -- people deal with this stuff (and much, much worse) on a daily basis.  They deal with it, and they're just fine.  I can't run around blaming all of the worry on little things around me... I love being in the same state as my family and friends, am I going to move just to get away from the cold?  That's stupid.  Instead of running away from things that make me nervous (insert cartoon image of a scared cat here..... from earlier cat reference), I want to break each one of these down and live like everyone else.

I'm overly critical of myself.  Everyone is... but I really am.  All of this used to be much worse 2-3 years back.  It's gradually gotten better.  Sometimes I just need those little bits of time where I over-exaggerate how bad everything really is, just to bring my motivation back up.  Right after those times is when I make the best changes.

So... that's where I've been.  It's been a little while, but I'm not going anywhere.

How have you all been?  We need to catch up.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, I do hope you get better soon! This time of year is nasty, it's hard to get up and feel good when the sun isn't shining. Take care of yourself, lots of bubble baths, scented candles and chocolate are in order!
    Much love,
    Carrie
    xxxx
    http://carriebrighton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back and even better to see that you are taking care of yourself - the greatest gift you can give YOU. This time of year really doesn't help with everything appearing so miserable and grey around us, it can only take a very small thing to bring us down. This winter seems never ending, but I hope when the Spring starts to bloom and the blue skies arrive, things will look a lot more upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks, Kay. Glad to be back, keeping this going keeps me that much happier :0)

      Delete
  3. I have been MIA too. doing the same exact thing you have been doing...lol. Nice to see your positive attitude back on the pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Main thing you are well! I understand this trying to get your self in a healthy routine! I was forced by my doctor to start eating healthier and I have now for 4 months and love it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nominated you for the creative blog award, check it out here: http://stefichop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-creative-blog-award.html

    Stefi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the weather is starting to improve, which means at least 6 months of outdoor beauty! I've been following you on Hellocotton, which is closing tomorrow. So now I'm following you with Bloglovin, hope you could return the favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this stupid I can't believe sombody actually blogs about their lifestyle seems preety dumb to me(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the girl above needs to get a life. It's great that you have goals Mia! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete