The Liebster Award!


My blog was nominated for a Liebster Award by Stephichop's Beauty Blog!  The Liebster Award is nominated to blogs with less than 200 followers to help promote them.


The Rules:
1) Nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
2) If nominated, write 11 Random Facts' about yourself!
3)  Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you wrote for you
4) Come up with 11 new questions to be answered by 11 new nominees

11 Random Facts about Me!
1. I'm naturally a dark blonde, I've been dying my hair dark for years.
2. My favorite line of makeup is NYX.
3. I have a medium case of Emetophobia
4. Patchouli and Sandalwood are two of my favorite smells, both for wearing and for my home.
5. Holistic medicine fascinates me, I've done a lot of reading about it and still do.
6. I've only been out of the United States once... to Canada.
7. I'm scared of the dark, but I love horror movies.
8. My Spotify Starred List has almost 1,000 songs on it.
9. I love earthy colors for my home, and dark colors for my wardrobe.
10. Pizza and pasta are my comfort foods.
11.  My body can't handle caffeine or high amounts of refined sugars.

11 Questions for ME:
1. How do you like to spend your free time?
Shooting pictures, driving random places, or having movie marathons.  If I can't find anything to do, I clean my house with the music up LOUD.

2. What's the reason behind your blog name?
Just a nickname :0)

3. Sweet or Savoury foods? 
I have a HUGE sweet tooth, but my diet makes it a little hard to eat those foods all the time (unless they're organic sugar!).  I love Savoury foods, Philly Cheesesteak is one of my favorites.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Hopefully in the same career, maybe married.  Hopefully in a house (with a fantastic mountain view) instead of a rented property!  I've learned so much in the past 5 years, I can't wait to see what I learn in the next five.

5. One thing that irritates you about the same sex? 
They make me nervous.  I'm not sure if it's because I grew up with no sisters, but for some reason I'm much more comfortable around guys.  I wish this weren't as true as it is.

6. Most used make up item?

Foundation.  If I don't use anything else, I at least use a little foundation in a couple areas to brighten up my face.

7. Favorite childhood memory? 
This is more than one, but all the little family vacations we'd take when we were younger.  Going to Ohio for the first time got me so excited (Ohio, can you believe that?!) just because we were going out of state.  But our trips to North Carolina were the best.

8. If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, which one you choose?
I'd probably pick Kohl's.  It's not my usual "go-to" for a lot of things, but I can always find great dresses, work clothes, jeans, shoes, even makeup in a pinch.  They have great sales.  I guess I'll need to build my own farm ;)

9. Who is your celebrity idol for make up and hair? 
I'm not sure that I have one that stays consistent, but I always come back to Megan Fox for a classic red lip look.

10. Do you have any life time regrets if so what and why?
A lot I'm sure, but the only one I want to focus on is not doing more with my life so far.  I'm working on changing that, that's the purpose of keeping this blog.

11. Who inspires you most in your life?
AuraJoon at http://aurajoon.blogspot.com.  I decided this when I first read her blog a couple years ago, and I haven't changed my mind since.

My Nominees (in no particular order, of course):
1). Hook, Yarn and Stinkers
2) Simplicity Interrupted
3) Life Astonished
4) Babbling Bridge
5) Miles from Ordinary
6) Honeybees
7) Borrowed Heaven
8) Distract Me Now Please
9) A Beauty Romancee
10) Louise Rose Clarke
11) Veranellies

11 Questions for YOU:
1) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2) What are the blogs that give you the most inspiration?
3) If you could meet one blogger in real life, who would it be?
4) If you could master any skill, what would it be?
5) Who is your celebrity crush?
6) Define your perfect day (weather, activities, time of the year...)
7) What's one thing that makes you CRINGE?
8) What's your all-time favorite food or recipe?
9) What do you think is your best accomplishment?
10) Are others' thoughts of you important to you?  Why or why not?
11)  What was your most life-changing experience?

Congratulations!  I can't wait to see your responses.  Happy blogging, and keep it up!

-M.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats! Love reading your blog, so you definitely deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination girl!!! I am all over this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting read! Thanks for the nomination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination, Mia! I absolutely love sandlewood too! ...and pasta :) Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for the nomination!

    I love learning more about the bloggers behind the blogs I read! I'm the same way about scary movies; I'm scared of the dark like a kid, but I can't stop myself from watching a scary movie...I don't think it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww thanks -

    i'll work on doing this up this upcoming weekend while my mister is out of town..(i'll have way too much free time!)

    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) I know I've been really slow, but I will do it this week sometime. I promise! xx

    ReplyDelete