Snaps from last week.

Last week was pretty calm.  We watched a lot of movies, and spent quality time with the little puppy dogs.  We had plans to go to see an exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum last weekend, but unfortunately didn't end up making it.  Oh well, there's always next week!

I was having one of those days where a simple ponytail is too simple.  I decided to throw a quick, somewhat sloppy braid in the front to casually spice it up.  It did a great job of keeping my hair out of my face!

We ended up going to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner.  That place has the best Parmesan Crusted Chicken, and their mashed potatoes are delicious.  (And Dave, what a cutie.)

One excited little Skittles.  She can do so many little puppy tricks (not on command though...yet).  She's begging for attention here, as usual.


 I felt a little bit crafty and took a trip to Joanne Fabrics for a few suppies.... I wonder what this could be?
*wink*

I fell in love with these dainty little pink prints.

Saturday was in the sixties!  The weather was beautiful.  It's absolutely amazing how much one day like that in the winter can lift your spirits.






















Dave and I took advantage of the warm weather and gave the puppies hair cuts.  Milo looks so unbelievably teeny now.  I can't wait to see how big he gets!






















Skittles was so matted from getting snow stuck to her. Her collar was tangled into her hair!  I guess they probably would have looked much better if I'd taken them to a professional, but my mom had the clippers and I had the patience, and it probably saved me around $60.  Besides, I still think they both look adorable.

Sunday morning I took a trip to one of my favorite health food shops, Nutrifoods in Royal Oak.  I love the place; their staff is so knowledgeable!  A few of these ingredients were used to make the hair mask I posted about earlier here.  The Almond Dream Bites are vanilla flavored ice cream made from almond milk covered in organic dark chocolate.  They are amazing, especially for someone who can't usually enjoy ready-made sweets like this because of the refined sugar!

I made a list today of some places in Michigan I'd like to visit this year.  Unfortunately I'll have to wait for the cold weather to go before starting any exploring.  I've lived here my whole life, and have still managed to miss out on some of the most beautiful places.... but that'll change this year!

How was your week?  Have you done anything this week that you've never done before?

-M.

7 comments:

  1. I love your side braid! It's gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm following yours now. I hope you stop by again soon!

    Love from South Africa

    http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skittles is so cute! Aww! I am going to fly across the pond and kidnap her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :0) she has such a sassy personality for a little dog. I don't know what I'd do without her!

      Delete
  3. Your blog is very inspiring. Not to mention you have a cute little family. I have a chihuahua who is your pups size full grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love little dogs... they are such cuddle bugs! I'm planning to start traveling a bit more when the weather gets nicer here. That'll give me more to photograph and blog about. Can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Your hair is so adorable! I have too many layers, I feel like my little hairs would poke out like crazy, haha! And your puppy is so cute! Also, are you new to Michigan? I lived there for a while and I miss it so much! I'll for sure be living vicariously through you as you travel through it. If you need any recommendations, I'd be more than happy to give you some!! :) I'm one of your newest followers! I have a lifestyle blog as well, hopefully you'll check it out!

    http://dimamura.blogspot.com

    Have a wonderful day!

    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I discovered your blog through Hello Cotton. I love the braid. Your doggies are the cutest.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Catriona @ Precious Impressions

    ReplyDelete