Friday Favorites - My favorite products for beauty right now.

Happy Friday!  I've put together several of my favorite products that I use for beauty right now.  I always search for new and better products to use.  I feel like I hardly ever purchase the same brand of any item twice, but these are the exceptions!  I'll be sticking with these for a while.  Here's why.

Miracle 7 KERATIN leave-in mist
This product is responsible for the tangle-free manageability my hair has when it's wet.  This is the second bottle I've bought; I can't go a day without it!  It adds gorgeous shine and such a healthy look to my hair, and builds strength and protection from damage (which we all need).  This leave-in product is what allows me to comb through my wet hair and round brush it with ease... and it smells great!

NYX HD Studio Photogenic Foundation
I just switched to this foundation from using Too Faced's last summer.  At first it feels a little heavier than some others that I've used in the past, but after a few minutes of wearing it, its very unnoticeable. I use two different colors, one that matches my skin tone (perfectly, I might add), and one that is a bit lighter for a natural looking highlight.  I have oily skin, but it looks great all day, even close up.  I've re-purchased this 3 or 4 times now, and I have no plans of changing that!  I love NYX's whole line.  Compared to Too Faced, this foundation is extremely inexpensive... and a great foundation!

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer
I alternate between this primer and a primer by Smashbox, but I'd have to say, this one takes the cake.  Even before applying foundation, this primer already makes my skin look more even, shine-free, and poreless.  It also makes applying liquid foundation evenly super easy.  This primer feels light on the skin, doesn't add any strange hues (think Rimmel's primer...orange?!), and helps your makeup to last all day.

Benefit High Beam
Depending on what color I'm wearing, using a lighter foundation as a highlight can sometimes wash me out.  High Beam by Benefit offers a natural looking sheen without washing me out at all.  The pink tint makes the sheen look somewhat iridescent, which overall gives your face a beautiful healthy glow. It's a small bottle at a somewhat steep price, but when applied correctly, it lasts a long time.  The only setback I notice is the type of applicator the bottle has... it's exactly like a nail polish bottle and brush!  Great product, nonetheless.

Aspirin
Aspirin makes a GREAT face mask and scrub to stop and prevent breakouts.  I use warm water to break down two or three tablets, apply to my face, and let sit for fifteen to thirty minutes.  The tablets never completely dissolve, so the texture that remains is gritty - perfect for a face scrub.  Breakouts are quickly flattened and less red.  It also works great as a preventative!  (When I'm in a pinch, I dissolve the tablets and use as a quick scrub without letting it sit as a mask.)

Straight Sexy Hair Smooth & Protect
This is hands down the best heat protecting flat iron spray I've tried.  It's very deceiving .. it goes on oily, but after flat ironing, my hair looks super shiny and healthy, and it's as soft as silk... and never weighed down.  Heat damage was eating at my hair, and this spray is saving it!  This also seems to cut down the time it takes to get my hair perfectly straight, which means, along with protection, my hair is feeling the heat less anyways.  I also apply it lightly just before roundbrushing to protect from the heat of the hair dryer.


Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray
Best.  Root spray.  Ever.  I've tried a million of these, as I mentioned in my previous post about the hair products I use for volume, but I am stuck on this stuff.  I love it.  I even have to tame the volume I get with this root spray a bit before walking out of the house, and the volume lasts all day... even overnight through sleeping.  Use it alone, or with backcombing and some hair spray, and I promise you, you will see the best volume you've ever had.  It doesn't require tons of product either.  Love it.


Vaseline Lip Therapy
These are so tiny and cute!  I keep one of these in my bag and one on my nightstand.  It's still regular old vaseline, but in the tiniest, purse-friendly size.  I use this for my lips, but also for dry cuticles/hands, or at the corners of my eyes to help when they get dry from watering so much.

Baking Soda
Ahh... my absolute favorite product in this list.  Baking soda can be used for many things, but my two favorite uses are for teeth whitening and the best face scrub you will ever need; and it's so cheap!  Mixed with peroxide and applied gently with a toothbrush, baking soda will help scrub stains from your teeth bringing you a brighter, whiter smile.  I've been doing this for a couple years now, and I won't ever go back to the store brand bleaching products.  The effects last, and they don't cause tooth sensitivity.  This mixture will also help whiten the whites of your nails, according to many users on Pinterest (I have yet to try this).  Baking soda can also be added to any face wash (or just water if you prefer) for beautiful, soft, glowing skin.  I use this on a weekly basis, or more if breakouts occur.  It's great to do before bed because of how clean it makes your skin feel!

Out of all the things I've tried, these are my favorites this week.
I'm sure I'll have more to add to the list next Friday!

What are some of your favorites?

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment