101 Important Questions to Ask Yourself.

Before answering: I want to think about this as some sort of digital time capsule... I'll fill this out now, then revisit it every once and a while.  I'd love to keep comparing my responses to see what kind of changes I make in my life.  It asks some pretty good questions.  Looks very thought provoking.

After Answering: Let me tell you... while doing this questionnaire, I realized (or maybe just remembered) a LOT of things about myself that I really admire.  I even went back over my answers because as I answered each question, my thoughts kept going and going.  LOVE IT.  To try this for yourself, click here.  Make sure you have some time to put into each answer -- it pays off; you'll be happy with how you feel afterwards! 

 ---

101 Important Questions to Ask Yourself

1.Who are you?
I am an executive assistant, a good friend, and someone who wants to help others.  Someone with big ambitions that just needs to find the right source of motivation.  I am a young person who is probably trying to run through life too quickly, and isn't taking enough time to "stop and smell the roses".

2.What are you passionate about?
Music.  I love listening to it, writing it, and performing it.  My mood can change from one extreme to the other just from a song that moves me.  Love.  Definitely love.

3.What are the achievements you are most proud of?
Getting up and moving out of state, and landing a GREAT job.  Also, learning everything about life that I've learned so far.  I want to add many, many more things to this list.

4.What are you most grateful for in life?
The family and friends that I have, and the ability I have to find something I want to do and get it done.  I'm grateful for everything that I have, especially the opportunities I've been given.

5.What are the most important things to you in life?
Love, respect, honesty.  Family and friends.  Goals and ambitions.  Life lessons.  Beliefs.  Health and emotional well-being.

6.How would you describe yourself?
Overly ambitious and eager to learn.  An over-thinker for sure.  Someone who makes decisions based on thoughts and feelings.  Spontaneous, but overly-cautious. Easily excitable, but also sometimes easily hurt.  A negative thinker trying to be a positive thinker.

7.What are your values? What do you represent?
I believe in family and good relationships.  I believe in treating others with respect and kindness, learning from everything you can, and finding every reason possible to love life... of course these are things I also have to work on..

8.Do you love yourself?
Most of the time.

9.… Why or Why not?
I am the only self I will ever have, so I have to love myself!  But every now and then everyone has reasons to feel like they could be better.

10.How can you love yourself more today?
Easy.  Remember who I am.  Look at where I am today and compare that to where I was before... I would realize how much I'm changing as a person for the better.  Who knows where I'll be even months from now!

11.What is your ideal self? What does it mean to be your highest self?
I want to be someone who puts others before herself.  Someone who is successful and knowledgeable.  I want to be the kind of person who takes the time to think about things based on facts AS WELL as thoughts and feelings.  I also want to be able to control how quickly I get my hopes up so I don't fall as hard.  I want to be someone who has a lot of people around her, but not someone who NEEDS the support; I want to be independent.

12.Look at your life now. Are you living the life of your dreams?

Not even close, but I'm young.  I've got to build up to that.  It wouldn't be the life of my dreams if I didn't spend a while working for it.

13.If you have one year left to live, what would you do?
14.If you have one month left to live, what would you do?
15.If you have one week left to live, what would you do?

For the above three...
Everything I'm afraid of!  Get on a plane, jump in a big body of water, stand at the edge of a huge cliff or a tall building, ride in a helicopter... most of those things are scary because I feel like they're dangerous... but if I'm going to die anyways, who cares about danger?!

16.If you have one day left to live, what would you do?
17.If you have an hour left to live, what would you do?
18.If you have one minute left to live, what would you do? 

I would spend every last second with my family... because they would be who I would miss the most.

19.What would you do today if there is no more tomorrow?
Isn't that kind of the same question?

20.What are the biggest things you’ve learned in life to date?
- To not let anyone affect how I feel about myself, although I still need to work on this. 
- You need to work for what you want in life... including love and respect.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Moving out when you're young is a huge emotional roller coaster, but it'll be worth it in the end.
- It could ALWAYS be worse.
- EVERYONE is different, which means everyone has different beliefs and there will be disagreements. We just need to understand how to respect that.
- Do not give your heart away freely, but don't be overly scared of giving people your trust either.  Just be careful.
- Responsibilities are definitely important, but so is having fun and enjoying yourself. 
- It's important to be a good planner and take all things into consideration.  Don't jump too quickly at an opportunity without thinking about it FULLY.
- No regrets, what's done is done, and live in the present.
- Worry about things ONLY where it would be beneficial, which most of the time it's not.
- Get over your fears, it'll make life more worth living.

Definitely one of the biggest... worrying about things will not prevent them from happening... at the very least its a waste of time, but it can also just make the situation worse.  OR cause whatever you were trying to prevent to actually happen.

There are a lot.  I'm sure if I spent all day on this question I could come up with more.

21.What advice would you give to yourself 3 years ago?
To relax and take time to appreciate what I have.  Sloooow down.... and do better in school.  Prioritize!  Keep friends close.  Protect your heart, you're young. 

22.If you are yourself 1 year from the future, how would you advise the you now?
Well, assuming that I'll be where I want to be in a year by then, I would tell myself there's no use in letting ANYTHING get me down, because things would turn out exactly how I planned in the end.

23.Is there something you’re still holding on to? Is it time to let it go?
One, I already have, and to my surprise, I feel refreshed and ready to take on a million things at once!
The other, its been a couple years and it's still taking some time.  But I've made great progress, and I love that.

24.What are you busy with today? Will this matter 1 year from now? 3 years? 5 years?
My job, adjusting to the new location.  I guess it would depend on if I move again in those increments, but my job will always matter.

I'm always busy worrying about stupid things, and a majority of those stupid things never mattered in the first place, so of course they won't later on.

26.What opportunities are you looking for?I want an opportunity to meet a ton of new people and get out and explore the new area... and I want to do things I haven't done before.  Get over my fears.

27.How can you create these opportunities?
I have ideas... joining classes/clubs?  just get in the car and go places?  I'll figure something out I'm sure, I just need to stop procrastinating.

28.What are your biggest goals and dreams?
To be successful, generally speaking, not just financially.  I really just want to feel fulfilled.

29.What’s stopping you from pursuing them? …Why? How can you overcome them?
I think I'm doing a pretty good job of pursuing them in most areas, and I think the key to that has been understanding that it will take some time.

30.If you are to do something for free for the rest of your life, what would you want to do?
Any transportation for free.  I want to go everywhere and see a million things, but driving and flying are ridiculously expensive.  Plus, that would give me much more availability to see my family and friends back in Michigan.

31.What would you do if you cannot fail; if there are no limitations in money, resources, time or networks?
I wouldn't work, I'd travel.  And I'd take good company with me.  I'd spend as much time as I could Maybe I'd start my own business just for kicks... or maybe I'd just find everything there is in life to make people happy and help them get there.
I'd probably go to school for psychology... or maybe something else that is health related.  I'd go to school for a ton of things.  I'd learn multiple languages and everything about the human brain and how the mind and emotions work... I want to learn a lot.  THAT would be amazing.

32.What do you want to achieve 1 year from now?
Be comfortable with where I'm at and be excellent at my job.  Have a great network of friends.

33.… 3 years?
34.… 5 years?
Same answer, maybe be married. 

35.… 10 years?
Have a family on my own that I'm able to support.  I want to be able to look back in ten years and be glad for making the decisions that I made that I feel like I regret right now.  And, honestly, have a lot of money.  One less worry.. ha!  Go back to school and get done as much as I can.

For any of these increments, I'd like to have a solid plan of where I want to be in my life.. career-wise especially.  Maybe even already have that in place.

36.How important are these goals to you?
Pretty important!! It's what would make me feel like I did what I'm supposed to to be successful.

37.What if these goals are doubled? Tripled? Magnified by 10? How would you feel? Would you prefer to achieve these or your previous goals?
Not sure how you can magnify and of those.

38.Who are the people who have achieved similar goals? … What can you learn from them?A lot of people.  Looking around, I have already learned that to get there, and to actually feel fulfilled, I have to work for what I want and not get it the easy way.  What makes us feel so proud of ourselves is not where we are or what we have, but what we did to get there.

39.Are you putting any parts of your life on hold? … Why?
School, finding a relationship. 

Priorities!  Right now I have a great job that doesn't require me to finish my degree, although it is something I want to do.  I'm in a position where I'm able to pursue a lot of my goals while holding others aside and still feeling like I'm heading in the right direction at the right pace.

40.What’s the top priority in your life right now?
To do well at my job, and learn a lot doing it.

41.What are you doing about it?
Asking questions, observing, and taking on challenges.

42.If you were to die tomorrow, what would be your biggest regret? What can you do now to make sure that doesn’t happen?
I don't think I would have many huge regrets... everything happens for a reason.  I would go knowing that whatever I decided, or where ever I was that day, happened because I had a purpose there.  If anything felt unfinished or incomplete, it would be because my time ended unexpectedly, not because I had anything to spend time regretting.

43.For every experience you get: What are the biggest things you have learned?
To have patience and understanding.  Keep calm and carry on! 

And especially, there is no reason to worry about things you cannot do anything about.

44.How can you do this better the next time?
Realize that no matter how bad things are, they always have a way of getting better.  Everything, negative and positive, has an end, so why worry?  Every day is a new day.

45.If you had 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
I'd buy a better car that didn't have problems for one.... and I'd probably find a better apartment to live in.  Where I live and what surrounds me is important.  I'd probably at least once in my life, since this would give me the opportunity, make a big, big contribution to something for others because that would make me feel pretty good!

46.Do you love your job?
Yep!

47.What is your ideal career?
This is kind of a difficult question to answer, maybe because I'm young... I'm not sure where I want to take my career.  Right now, I like the position I'm currently in.

48.How can you start creating your ideal career starting today?
Networking.  Where I'm at right now, I could do that easily.  Asking questions and learning the business.

49.What is your ideal diet?
No sugar, caffeine, mostly natural things.  Food I cook myself.

50.What do you need to do to achieve your ideal diet?
More time!!!  Cooking lessons... and lessons on how to grocery shop on a budget.  Maybe a coupon clipping class?!

51.What is your ideal home like?
Natural colors, calm and quiet, warm and cozy.  Not necessarily big, but NOT small.  Organized.  Furniture on angles... I'm not sure why, but I kind of like the occasional unexpected arrangement of a rug... or a table or something.  A fireplace.  Tall ceilings.  Somewhere where I feel like I can hide away for a while if I need to.  AND.. the yard has to be spectacular.  Something about the outdoors gives me a spark of motivation... if I could see something amazing outside my window every morning, I could take on ANY situation with a solid mind.

52.What do you need to do to achieve your ideal home?
Ha... make more money.  BUT, I have done a few things for the other piece, which is putting together interior design portfolios... I took a class!  But yeah, sounds like I MIGHT have to be a millionaire to achieve some of this... especially the amazing yard... with a mountain and ocean view, and maybe a waterfall and some palm trees...

53.What is your ideal physical look?
Something where I'm happy with myself, as natural as possible.  I'm happy with most things, I wouldn't say I'm overly confident, but I have confidence because I know I can't change them... or I guess I always could but plastic surgery isn't really my thing.. SO, I chose the easy way out and decided to be happy with it all.

54.What do you need to do to achieve your ideal physical look?
I've actually been sporting it pretty well lately, less makeup is so much nicer in the morning.

55.What is your ideal life?
Lots of friends, a close relationship with my family.  Lots of good, true LOVE.  I love love.  A job where I'm doing what I'm passionate about.  Lots of activities and places to go.  A happy life is ideal for me.

56.What can you do to start living your ideal life?
Meet new people, get out and explore.  Improve my general mindset.  Time will tell!

57.What would you want to say to yourself 1 year in the future?
58.… 3 years?
59.… 5 years?
60.… 10 years?

I don't know what I'd really say... because I think if I was thinking about saying anything, my future self would probably already know what it is.  I would ASK myself probably a million and one things though, but I guess (looking at this as positively as I can now..) what is the fun of finding out where you're going to be? 

61.What do you fear most in life?
Stupid things like throwing up and lakes.  I'm not really scared of dying, because if it happens... there really wasn't much you could do about it, so, although it would suck, its probably not something to exactly be SCARED of. 

I guess my biggest fear of all is losing the people that are close to me, like my family.  Once someone gets close to me, it's hard for me to let them go even if things go terribly wrong... close relationships are valuable to me.

62.Is there anything you are running away from?
Good question... I don't know if 'running away' is the right terminology, but there are definitely things I'm holding myself back from.  DEFINITELY.  I let my fears get the best of me and my life.  Unfortunately.

63.Are you settling for less than what you are worth? … Why?
Yes. Yes, yes, yes.  In some situations.  I've always known this about myself.  I'm afraid of aiming too high.. I don't want to get my hopes up.  After answering this.... I think I'll be changing that.  I can definitely achieve more without question... glad this was on here, I needed to remind myself of that.

64.What is your inner dialogue like?
Depends on the situation... when I'm calm it is clear and concise, to the point, organized... tolerable.  When I'm anxious or excited, in love, it's absolutely all over the place.  But when I'm at work and under pressure, it's at it's best.

65.What limiting beliefs are you holding on to?
That I'm not good enough I think.  But that's quickly subsiding after some recent realizations!

66.Are they helping you achieve your goals?
Hell no!

67.If not, is it time to let them go?
Hell yes!!

68.What empowering beliefs can you take on to help you achieve your goals?
That anything is possible if you give it some determination. 

69.What bad habits do you want to break?
Worrying and blowing things out of proportion.  Being late... and going to bed late.

70.What good habits do you want to cultivate?
The opposite of the above for one... I want to make a habit of taking the high road in situations and not letting things get me down for stupid reasons... that also includes controlling my reactions and realizing that it's always better not to sink down to someone else's level.  Maybe this is an ability not a habit... but I want to be able to choose which battles are worth fighting, and what is actually worth arguing about.

71.What are the biggest actions you can take now to create the biggest results in your life?
Do things to improve my self confidence, learn from every situation.

72.Where are you living right now – the past, future or present?
Definitely everywhere BUT the present.  I spend a lot of time thinking about the past, and way too much time worrying about the future.  I hardly EVER spend my time thinking about now, unless I'm at work or involved in some other activity that I enjoy.  If I had known to do this a while ago (or even if I finally let this sink in now), my life would be MUCH different.

73.Are you living your life to the fullest right now?
I don't think so.

74.What is the meaning of life?
If you asked me a few months ago, and I think I posted this on here before... I thought the meaning of life was to find love... but I think the meaning of life is to find happiness and positive feelings no matter what happens.  I think we were given life, and all of the things it includes, to take out of it as much as we can, and maybe loving someone else is just ONE of those things, and not necessarily a necessity.

75.What is your purpose in life? Why do you exist? What is your mission?
Hmm.. it's easier to answer this one in a generally-speaking fashion... I think, including the above and taking my personality into focus, my purpose is to find ways to be a better person, and then to help others do the same.

76.How can you make your life more meaningful, starting today?
I think changing at least one person's life for the better... making some sort of huge impact.. that would do it for me.

77.What drives you?
Depends on the situation.  A lot of times I'm driven to do something just because I know I have to and I have no other choice.  Other times, it's the fact that there are some things I get over-excited about that I would work day and night, a mile a minute for until they're achieved or acquired.  Mostly everything I do is thought and feeling driven, not driven by facts and actualities, unfortunately... but I guess this might be okay in some situations.

78.What are the times you are most inspired, most motivated, most charged up?
After seeing myself or someone else accomplish something amazing.  If it's me, I want to do more.  If it's someone else, I can't wait to get started.

79.What did you do during those times? How can you do more of that starting today?
Not as much as I should, I kind of just daydream.  I need to actually get out and do something... I could probably do a lot... when I get fired up, I get fired up!!

80.How can you change someone’s life for the better today?
I feel like I could give someone a serious pep talk with all the things I've learned recently... I don't know what else I could do at this point.  Maybe just listen.  Listening is key.

81.Who are the 5 people you spend the most time with?
Family, a couple friends.

82.Are these people enabling you or holding you back?
Some are very influential.  Others are not.  But I think the idea here is to understand that no one should be able to hold you back, or maybe just that if they're holding me back (if that's their intention... or maybe even if it's not) maybe we shouldn't be friends.

83.What qualities do you want to embody?  Where can you meet people who embody these qualities?
Selflessness, organization, motivation.  I want to be more frugal and independent.  DEFINITELY more independent.  I want to be a strong, sturdy, rock (in terms of emotions) and not let anything shake me, but still be compassionate and empathetic. 

84.Who inspires you the most?
I'm not sure about this.  We just talked about this in the EA training session I attended.  When we were little, we used to have role models, but now as adults.. we really don't focus on them that much.  I think I need to think hard about this and find one.

85.How can you be like him/her?
See above answer.

86.What is your ideal life partner like?
Someone that I'm completely comfortable with... which is extremely hard to find.  Someone who has a lot of the same beliefs that I do.  I want to be able to disagree, but still get along and love each other unconditionally.  Someone who will accept me, flaws and all, and forgive me when I mess up (within reason).  A person with whom I can have thought provoking conversations... someone who challenges me a little bit and helps me learn new things.  Somebody who isn't afraid to tell me their opinion.  Self confidence and an ability to stand up for himself is key.  Someone who will try to fix things when they're broken or in disarray.  I want to be with someone who is sure about what it is they want, through it all. 

87.Where can you find him/her?
Probably just about anywhere.

88.How can you get to know him/her?
Conversation... time and patience.  Good judgement.  And, when I do feel like I've found that person, base my decisions on facts and actualities... and not feelings!!

89.Are you afraid of letting others get close to you?
Yep.

90.… Why?
Same story as everyone else, I've been hurt.  The only person with thoughts and intentions that I can be sure of is myself.  Every relationship feels like a huge risk, all of them in some way or another, have proven to be.

91.Who is/are the most important person(s) to you in the world?
My family.

92.Are you giving them the attention you want to give?
I'm trying, but it's kind of hard form this far away.

93.How can you spend more time with them starting today?
Go home for more weekends?  I talk to my mom a lot :)

94.What kind of person do you enjoy spending time with?
Someone honest, with good intentions, who isn't judgemental.  Anyone with whom I can have a seriously good, long laugh... that ends up being the make-or-break-it thing, in any friendship or relationship.

95.How can you be this person to others?
Be more comfortable with myself. 

96.Who do you want to be like in 1 year?
97.… 3 years?
98.… 5 years?
99.… 10 years?

The above.  Someone who is comfortable and happy with herself.  Absolutely.


100.Who are your mentors in life? (formal or informal)
My parent's are usually the ones to help point me in the right direction... I'm definitely thankful for that.

101.What is one thing you’re going to do differently after reading this article?
I didn't read the article... BUT after doing this questionnaire, I'm definitely going to resort my priorities in life and start realizing what's important.  I'm already somewhat in the process, but this really put it into perspective.
---

PHEW!  You have to try this.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment